If you look at my MyFitnessPal food log, you would see that the majority of my food and calories are made up of snacks. I am a self confessed snack-a-holic. I am one of those people that just loves to be constantly eating, grazing all day at my desk and its great whilst I use Intermittent Fasting as I have a lot more calories to consume.
That being said, I am focusing on hitting my macro goals and cannot just blow all my macros on a Snickers or a tub of Ben & Jerry’s so finding macro diet-friendly snacks that are easy on the bank balance & that I can easily grab in my weekly shop is a mission.
Thats why when I find good things I do not let them go, and stock up fast. I am all about macro friendly snacks that you can keep in your handbag to beat the hangry.
So without further a-do, here are my favourite Macro friendly snacks for when you are trying to lose weight!
- Daim Mikados: 11 sticks/25g – 118kcals | 4.4g Fat | 17.5g Carbs | 1.6g Protein
- Chocologic Milk Chocolate: 1/6 or 4 squares – 64kcals | 4.8g Fat | 4.5g Carbs | 1.1g Protein
- Mini Peperami – 1 x 10g stick – 40kcals | 3.1g Fat | 0.6g Carbs | 2.6g Protein *low carb
- Oreo Thins: Original x 4 thins – 118kcals | 5.8g Fat | 17g Carbs | 1.2g Protein
- Kinder Bueno Minis: 1 mini – 31kcals | 2g Fat | 2.7g Carbs | 0.5g Protein *low carb
- Chocologic Dark Chocolate: 1/6 or 4 squares – 58kcals | 4.6g Fat | 2.5g Carbs | 0.7g Protein *low carb
- Fibre One Salted Caramel Brownies: 1 Square – 87kcals | 2.8g Fat | 11.9g Carbs | 1g Protein
- Chocolate Rice Cakes: 1 Rice cake – 87kcals | 3.7g Fat | 11g Carbs | 1.3g Protein
- Nature Valley Salted Caramel Popcorn Bars: 1 Bar – 89kcals | 4.2g Fat | 10g Carbs | 1.6g Protein
- Aero Creations: 1 Pot – 130kcals | 8g Fat | 11.7g Carbs | 2.9g Protein
Have you tried or seen any of these snacks in your local Tesco? These are just some of my favourite snacks that are good for when you want to have something ‘naughty’ and not just eat a raw cacao bar or something. There is also some really great low carb options as I know a lot of people follow a low carb diet, (myself included sometimes) and it can be hard to find food to snack on!